Friday, December 9, 2016

Day 9: CHLOE

Chloe is my sassy sister. A few years ago, Chris and Jodi brought their family to visit me in DC because their kids are gems and chose my city as their spring break destination (I'm still not sure how I got so lucky, or how I can be lucky enough to make it happen again). We had a blast, but one night I remember particularly well was maybe about mid-way through their trip? We were back at their hotel and the older kids had retired to their other room, while Libby had already fallen asleep and Chloe probably should've been, too. But she and I were having this back-and-forth conversation like we were stylists at a hair salon, gossiping with our clients about so-and-so and what she did and how we "couldn't even" and "she says to me, she says" and "oh no he di-n't!" and so on and so forth. This probably went on for about 10 minutes (8 minutes too long for Chris's patience, but he let us go on), and I couldn't stop laughing about this exchange as it went on. Eventually we ran out of new material and had to give up the game, but man it was so fun while it was happening!


Chloe is sassy. She is strong. And she's got a mind of her own - if she decides something, she sticks with it. That's an ability I do not have, so I fully appreciate her conviction. She can definitely do more push-ups than me, no question, and her tumbling skills are for sure the best in our entire family. I'm seriously amazed at the things she can do, and her willingness to try a new trick or skill. She refuses to trail behind her older siblings and wants to be able to do anything someone older than her can do - age is just a number for her. She truly is an old soul in a young girl's body, and I really love sitting around the firepit with her - after she's done just about everything except strike the match to get the fire going, of course, she's so invested in projects and she will take initiative to make something happen.


But mostly, I love seeing her with her younger cousins (and sister) - there's a caring nature that shines when she's watching over a toddler or younger kid. She lugs them around everywhere, getting them whatever they may want, showing them everything all around them, sitting with them and eating with them and walking slowly enough that they can easily tag along behind - because they always do. That might be one of my favorite things about her - she loves the children, and they love her.

xoxo Chlo!

4 comments:

CB said...

You totally caught the essence of The Bean. Her tenacity towards her goals amazes me, too--like when she kept working on getting across the monkey bars until her hands were worn raw.

And, after church she'all beg to stay for choir so she can babysit all the little kids.

Jodi said...

This is so great!!! You captured Chloe so well. I love this head strong girl!!!

Laura B. said...

Chloe is so great! Her enthusiasm and zest for life are unmatched! She has always been a nurturer and I love watching her with her younger cousins. Everyone loves Chloe!! I've also been so impressed with her gymnastics! She does SUPER hard things and makes it look so easy! i know that she spends a lot of time practicing and it shows! She is the best!!

Unknown said...

Could not agree more! Zach and I've been trying to get Chloe to do a babysitting "internship" in Missouri for years now! She is such a natural with her little cousins!!!