Saturday, December 10, 2016

Day 10: DEVN

Hello, Devn of the fancy Christmas suits! First and foremost, Devn wears the fanciest hats, and I always appreciate seeing what he's sporting on any given day.


Devn has always been a good friend to me. Abby and I have a special relationship as each other's only sister, and from the very beginning of joining our family, he has made room for me in their family, and encouraged my visits. D is always kind to me, even when I know he's teasing me about something. We've had some really great conversations over the years - often about women's health (aka my health class 10 years post-high school) - and I like learning from him. Our family is pretty smart, but Devn has this whole other realm of knowledge on areas I know very little about, so I learn a lot from him. He's also incredibly generous; I think maybe 1/4 of my belongings are from him. Which means their family and I can match often - which is what Abby always wants, so I think it's a win all around!


One of my favorite things, though, is that he fully supports and even requests that Abby & I play tons of Dr. Mario when I visit. I love when he comes and sits and watches us compete - we get really funny the longer we play, and the later it gets, and his laughter is the best gift, he's a great audience to perform for. And when we went and saw a late showing of Pitch Perfect 2 (because my persuading him to watch the 1st one was probably the best thing I ever did for him), he sat and laughed and laughed as Abby & I danced down the aisle of the empty theater during the closing credits. I couldn't ask for a better reaction than that.


 xoxo Dr D!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Devn-- Dr. Devo. I love this guy!!! I love how generous and fun Devn is. He stopped by not too long ago with a HUGE container of jelly bellies and made us laugh till our sides hurt. I hope the Frandsen's end up closer to WI really soon. Well-- I guess that is selfish. Kate you should move closer to WI too!!!

CB said...

Devn is one of a kind. We loved the time he and Abby and their kids stayed with us during one of his rotations. My tools and skills for pinewood derby improved dramatically under his tutelage when they were here. I also could have never installed my first satellite radio and antenna in my car if he wouldn't have done it for me in the parking lot outside their apartment 10+ years ago. I don't think I have every left their house without him finding an extra phone charger or soldering iron or something that I just needed to have.

Unknown said...

I appreciate Devn's readiness to add his perspective to any conversation. I am still often shocked by this but I respect his willingness to be himself, regardless of the family setting. Whatever Devn is sharing usually brings a smile, followed by a cringe, and then a smile again.