Sunday, December 4, 2016

Day 5: ELLEE

Can we talk about Ellee, please?

Ellee is so helpful and sweet, and I feel like she was the first niece I really got to see go through every phase of her life so far. I've been lucky enough to be a part of her life for so many holidays and general vacations and cross-country moves and all sorts of stuff, and it's been so fun to watch her grow up. She's gone from a precious little baby girl to a darling toddler to a sweet southern Elle Rae to a proper midwestern Elizabeth and now she's exploring life as a tough east coaster - and not letting it steal her light-up-a-room smile willing nature.


While I've seen her in a lot of times in her life, what's been new and fun is watching her special bond with her baby sister. She and her brothers all love little Brynn so much, but Ellee has been particularly tender and loving with her, and I absolutely melt at the way they smile at each other. I'm so excited to watch that relationship grow with them as they get older; I know Brynn has a really great example ahead of her in Ellee. Ellee works hard in school, has a lovely voice, loves to read, and is generally up for doing anything that Abby and I might be doing at any given moment. This has been extra fun as she now is old enough to indulge in our New Year's traditions of yahtzee and fancy drinks.


And while she got a bad cold while I was hanging out with her and her family on Thanksgiving day and I hated seeing her feel sick, I don't regret getting time to just snuggle with her on the couch while watching football games in the afternoon. Perhaps that's selfish, but I won't apologize - these kidlets won't stay little forever, and I'm glad to know they'll still sit close to me and snuggle even as they get to be 10 years old and maybe too cool for things like that. Thanks for still thinking I'm kind of fun and cool, Ellee, please never stop thinking that!


xoxo.

4 comments:

CB said...

Ellee is helpful and sweet. I love watching her help her mom in so many ways.

Jodi said...

I love Elle!!! She is so adorable and sweet! I love hearing how she is an avid reader like her Aunt Kate. She is also a natural born leader with a great smile!

*Abby* said...

This is the third comment I've left on this post. I don't know where they are going! Anyhow, on Aunt Kate's prayer night in our family (Saturday night), when you aren't here Kate we have Ellee call on someone for you cause she looks most like you :-)

Laura B. said...

Ellee is the best! She is so kind and tender hearted. Ellee is an includer...anytime we are all together she makes sure everyone is included. She is smart and so polite! What a dream to have her as the oldest! :) Wished we lived closer to this sweet girl!!