Saturday, December 17, 2016

Day 17: JAMIE

Can we talk about Jamie for a second? Isn't she so great? Jamie is the sweetest person I know, and she's had such a great effect on our family.


I think the first time I really spent a lot of time with her was when I visited her and Zach in Arizona for a long weekend - and we made tie-dyed shirts, bought sweet halloween tees to go to a haunted house, and basically just had fun all weekend long. I felt so comfortable right away in their new family, and she and her sweet pup Phebe had a lot to do with that (I mean, it definitely wasn't Oliver who welcomed me with open arms - that punk cat).


I think one of my favorite things about Jamie is she showers love on all people and all animals. She took in my grumpy cat when she married Zach, and she loved him to the end. She rescued Manny, sponsored a duck (I think that's right?) for a birthday present for Zach, and I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of here. I remember her once saying her dream job would be a co-rehabilitation center for kids and animals to help each other in therapy - and I still really hope that happens one day because she'd run the coolest center, I'm sure of it - with our little Claire as her first intern, I hope! :)

Our family is a loving family, but I think Jamie has an ability to pull out and highlight that love - she brightens it, she opens her home to all of us for all the paloozas, which I think has made a huge impact on keeping our family close with each other as a whole, and I'm so glad she's one of us!


xoxo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sending you big hugs and love Kate! Thanks for the kind words! I'm getting excited for our upcoming palooza...it's sure to be fantastic fun!

Jodi said...

I love the way Jamie loves Zach. It makes my heart so happy to see the two of them together usually Zach doing something impressive or making everyone laugh and Jamie laughing along, beaming with love for him. I don't think I've ever seen Zach as happy and full of life until Jamie came into our lives. I guess if I had to sum Jamie up in one word, it would be love. I agree with you Kate, Jamie is full of love and goodness. I'm glad she is part of our family too!

Zach of Missouri said...

I think she rocks too! One of the first things I noticed about her was innate happiness. She radiates Love.