Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Day 8: EMILIE

Dear Emilie, our actress and musician. Em has such talent and bravery, I'm in awe of her. She sings beautifully, and she's willing to sing in public, as a soloist, in front of lots of people - that's a gift I do not have but am seriously jealous about. She works on plays and musicals, and she's just a total character. She's a ham for the camera, and as I've been going through my pictures of many years, I kept running into all these close-up selfies she's sneakily taken at different ages and they crack me up! Plus those freckles?!?! {insert heart eyes emoji}


When Emilie was almost 1 year old, I lived with Ben and Laura during my off-semester of college and I nannied for Em while Ben finished his last semester of law school in Iowa. I still think of those months as precious when I consider how much of her life I got to be a part of, even if she doesn't remember it at all. She learned to walk while I was there and we practiced stairs when we were feeling brave. We had breakfast dance parties to Green Day and Kelly Clarkson on VH1, where she learned how to bounce/squat dance. We fell asleep to Baby Einstein videos (I have never once made it through a whole video awake...). We dressed up in matching BYU t-shirts. I loved being an impact in her life and even if she can't remember any part of it, I will still claim 3 months' worth of influence on who she has become and is becoming. And I will be ready for all the Dallas sunset trampoline parties she wants until I can no longer do front flips anymore. And then I'll still gladly cheer her on from the grass.


xoxo Bug-bug!

4 comments:

CB said...

Emilie is such a joy. I love her willingness to perform. Years later, I am still singing her "chubby bear" song. One of my favorite memories was visiting her family in Texas and listening to her tell me about her new experiences and thinking in my head how brave she was. She needed some help, so she approached a girl with the phrase, "Hello, new friend." :) Makes me smile every time I think of it.

Laura B. said...

Love this! Love her and her brave heart. She is fearless and watching her grow into a little Show Pony of her very own makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! Also, her freckles and her blue blue eyes are my favorite!!!

Jodi said...

Emilie is growing up so fast!!! She is gorgeous and so much fun!!!

Unknown said...

I appreciate her confidence! Keep on Rockin' Emilie, you are a role model for teens everywhere!