Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Day 6: JODI

Hiiiii Jodi!!!!

Ok, so I have a bone to pick with Jodi - she's been a Barlow for 2/3 of my life, basically... and I have, what, 1 picture with her?!?! What gives, Jo?? ( I do have this really great close-up of you eating a mutton leg, though - but I assumed maybe you wouldn't want that on here...)


Jodi has seriously been as big an influence in my life as all of my biological siblings. Isn't she just a dream? She always has chips and salsa at the ready, as well as stove-popped popcorn. She has opened her home to me any time I invite myself over or any time my parents went out of town and shipped me off to them. She lets me borrow her necklace and then hides it in my suitcase as the best surprise when I'm unpacking. She remembers my birthday every year (so do you, Chris, if you want credit - but we all know it's because of Jodi). I once commented that gift giving isn't my love language, and then realized that I absolutely feel loved every time she sends me something or offers me a gift, so apparently she knows me better than I know myself...which actually sounds about right.


Selfishly, my favorite thing about Jodi is how she makes me feel like I'm absolutely the best person on the planet. She really believes in me and sees the best in me and makes me feel like my best. That whole family is one big pump-me-up, and she leads the charge. She genuinely laughs at my jokes. She tells me I'm pretty and smart and capable - every girl needs that support. I love when Chris calls me and I hear her voice in the background, shouting, "we love Aunt Kate!!" That's actually exactly how Jodi rolls - she works in the background, making sure everything is running correctly and smoothly, ensuring everyone feels loved and cared for, and making the biggest mark on everyone without the need for a microphone or platform. She's the brains and the beauty in that Barlows WI branch organization, and I'm so glad I barely remember life before she was part of the family.

xoxo Jo!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

😢Thanks, Kate! What a treasure this note is and you are (in a non- cheesy" you are a treasure" way) You really are Kate the Great!!! Xoxo

CB said...

Kate--you are right, Jodi is a dream. You totally nailed one of my favorite things about Jodi--her laugh. Nothing in the world sounds better to me than when she sincerely laughs. And you are right, she would love nothing else than to serve and have nobody notice her. She truly is the brains and beauty of this relationship.

Laura B. said...

This is so wonderful Kate! You described Jodi perfectly!! I love any time I can spend with her!!!

Zach of Missouri said...

Jodi is awesome! What can't she do?!

Unknown said...

I want to be like Jodi when I grow up. �� She's awesome! She's raising awesome kids! Her home is awesome! ...She simply exudes kindness everywhere!