Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day 14: CLAIRE

Oh Claire, my sweet. Claire loves reading, so obviously that's the most important thing for me to highlight here. I love that she loves to read - and I pray she never becomes susceptible to easy carsickness so she can always read in the car.


I also really love how much she loves animals. Claire is sweet and gentle, so her love for animals makes sense to me - she's a calming presence to them, like she is to me. Also those big brown doe eyes totally melt me. I love how she gets along with her sisters - as a middle child of 3, she has a special relationship with being the next-in-age buddy to both her older and younger sisters. Watching her with Emilie and watching her with Grace, she has a unique bond with both of them and it's fun to her love them both in different ways.


One of my favorite moments lately with her was when I last visited and we went bowling - it was so fun to watch her get better and better with every frame. I loved helping teach some basic mechanics and go up with each bowl to see what our next strategy should be. And one frame, when I distractedly stayed in my seat, she got up, went to the lane, and then looked back at me, like, "uh, hello, are you coming or what?" and I bounced up and joined her. I just really like her, and I like that she likes me and lets me be around her to do fun things.


xoxo, claire bear!

3 comments:

CB said...

Claire's quiet, happy personality is so much fun. One of my favorite memories is when she was a baby and Ben and Laura and the two girls were living in NY. She was sitting on the kitchen floor while we were getting dinner ready (Laura was getting dinner ready, I was being useless) and Claire was just laughing and laughing while her big sister performed for her. Her delight and laughter light up that memory for me still.

Jodi said...

Claire is such a sweetheart! I love her quiet gentleness and big brown eyes

Laura B. said...

Oh sweet Claire! I love these pictures Kate and everything you said about Claire is right on! She is tender-hearted, kind and smart. She is the craftiest girl I know and is always making something for someone. She adores her big sister and is a great big sister to Grace. She's the sweetest and we are LUCKY to have Claire in our family!