Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Day 21: JAZLYN

Ok, this little nut is a hard one to crack - or she was for me, last time I saw her. Which made it so much more exciting every time she let me hold her or sit by her or smile at her without turning away and running to her dad. But she really really loves her dad, and it was adorable to watch him make her laugh - which, can I say, her giggle is so addicting. She's got this kind of guttural, vibrating giggle that doesn't quite escape her mouth with her pacifier in, until she's laughing really hard and can't contain it anymore. I was just watching a video I took of her laughing at something, and I melted.


Jazlyn loves her family, and I think that's the best. Watching her totter after Zoey is so sweet to me, and she seriously only has eyes for her mom and dad, which is also the best (when I'm able to not be completely jealous about it). One thing that can distract her, however, is a darling animal, and when I saw her in March, I took full advantage of Aunt Marcy's dog to get in her good graces. And she just babbled and babbled to that pup, smiling at me and at him and at me and at him. After that, I think we were good friends.


I feel like J is the rough and tumble kind - she just gets up and goes and does what she wants. Being with her in March was so fun because (when she was incredibly upset that Zach would dare lock her out of the bathroom) she would just go and wander around the basement and do whatever she felt like doing. And sometimes she'd look at me and invite me to play with her - I felt like such a star and would follow her everywhere. We played a little piano, we played in the nook under the basement stairs, we played with stuffed animals. And she would just glance at me with this look of "hey - you still in for this game? Cuz I'm having fun, but I'm not going to smile about it until we're having A LOT of fun, so let's just see where this goes." At least, that's what I took that look to mean...


The best thing is J is still little and growing, and her personality is becoming more and more expanded all the time, so there's still so much to learn about her, and I'm so excited to see the talents and interests and joys that will develop in her!

xoxo Jaz!

2 comments:

Zach of Missouri said...

Jazzy girl is so much fun! She absolutely loves being a little sister. I crack up at what a total chatterbox she is and how much she loves to pet Mr. Manny. The best is when she laughs at her own cleverness. I can't wait for her to spend some quality time with everyone next week!

Jodi said...

Jazzy is so adorable! I love her curly hair, blue eyes, and bright smile. I'm looking forward to spending more time with her soon to see her in action! :)