Monday, December 12, 2016

Day 12: ABBY

Uh, what do I say about Abby? Our relationship has grown quite a bit of the many years of knowing each other - from me following her around everywhere she went like a puppy, to her following me around and wishing I'd live closer so we could be around each other more (for the record, I'd like that as well). From her borrowing all my clothes, to me borrowing all her leftover clothes after she went to college, to us buying the same clothes and matching more often than not (I've come to terms with that, for the most part). She's my advisor, my confidante, and my buddy.


I've helped her move from Idaho to Arkansas, and from Chicago to Philadelphia. We have a really amazing roadtrip playlist and, man, do we just crush those songs. Indigo Girls, watch out, we're coming for your guitars. Abby lets me tell her all my stories with all the details, and I'm eternally grateful for her patience because I like to include every. single. detail. possible. We have matching wrinkly foreheads when we lift our eyebrows, people always know we're sisters even if we're not sitting next to each other, and I cry the most when I'm laughing about something with her.


One of my favorite recent memories is probably around last Christmas, when we stayed up ridiculously late my first night in town - we had thought to be reasonable and go to bed at a decent hour to start the holiday...and 2 hours later, Maddie's snapchat was completely spammed with dozens of pictures of us, and we couldn't stop giggling thinking about her waking up to all these pictures out of nowhere. So then we spammed the rest of her family as well, because it'd be even funnier to have THEM ALL wake up to so many pictures of us! Perhaps we're only funny to ourselves, but dangit we're hilarious to us.


xoxo Abs!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The coolest sister duo ever! 😍 And by the way I loved the Snapchats- please send more!

CB said...

Abby has always just made things fun. For years after she stopped going to Young Women's Camp, I had one leader reminding me how Abby could act excited and get others to join in the excitement of doing something as disgusting as cleaning the latrine.

She still has all the fun loving traits she had as a child and young woman, but over the last few years, I continue to be amazed at the faithful, mature, and thoughtful woman she has become. One of may favorite life memories will be sitting around Mom and Dad's kitchen table with Caleb and Maddie listening to you and Abby talk about your testimonies and womanhood. I am so grateful to have such great sisters that my kids and look up to, learn from, and emulate.

Jodi said...

I love you two separately and I love you two together! What a great pair!!!
Abby is so amazing. I love listening to her and seeing what a talented, creative, fun, more than capable person she is. Pretty much she can do anything and look gorgeous doing it.

Laura B. said...

Abby is the BEST. She is such a joy to be around! Shortly after we both were married we embarked on a road trip from Utah to Iowa together. Really, we still didn't know each other that well. But that road trip will always be one of my favorite times with her! She is an amazing mom to her children...kind, creative and patient! Sure do love you Abby!

Unknown said...

Great sister pics! It's so important to know how to have fun! (Something the Barlows are all very good at!) I don't know of any other family that has "paloozas" for get-togethers. Abby even made us shirts for the 2011 palooza! Much Thanks, Abby! I proudly enjoy my palooza souvenir. Abby strikes me as someone willing to tackle anything...and it turns out awesome!