Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cookies, a Puzzle Update, and a Random Picture...or Two


New roommate Caity decided that 10pm tonight seemed like a good time to be domestic.

So we made peanut butter cup cookies and pumpkin cookies.

And by "we," I mean "she." Though I played a vital role in getting the peanut butter cups unwrapped and pushed into the cookies. So really, I was essential to this cookie-making.

The recipe for the peanut butter cup cookies was interesting in that it said to bake the cookies in mini-muffin tins, so these cookies, while delicious, are much thicker and muffin-looking. But so yummy, so who cares.

The pumpkin cookies are in progress, so no pictures, sorry. But I'll tell you right now that they will be pretty and delicious, too!


I also thought you should know how I'm getting along with my jigsaw puzzle. It's certainly coming together, though I've been intentionally avoiding the "grass" and "tree foliage" parts - but I'm getting somewhere with it, whenever I can give some time to it. This week's been a bit busy, so it hasn't gotten much attention, but still, I'm proud of my progress so far:


And I've got one more picture for you! I keep promising pictures of my room, but it keeps being messy or just not fully finished the way I want it. But I'll give you a sneak peak of one part of my room - what I like to call my reading nook, or my entertaining area. It's what you walk into when you come up the stairs. And it's my favorite spot:


No that's not just some picture I got off a magazine or decorating website. That's a part of my room. That I arranged all on my own. And yes, that's a floor lamp with pink shades. No it doesn't match my room at all, thanks for asking. The girl before me in this room left that behind - she's selling it though, so I'll be replacing it soon...Anyway, that's my favorite part of my room right now, I spend a lot of time there. I feel especially proud because I built the bookcase - and the couch! And nothing has fallen apart yet, yay!

Okay, one more picture - this is me with my new hat and scarf, which I got for a steal at Eastern Market a few weeks ago. It's my attempt at being french-chic, or bohemian, or something...hence why it's just an attempt...


The hat looks best with curly hair...though I promise I'm not balding around my left temple. It only looks that way...I rarely put self-portraits on here though, so I thought I'd be different and try indulging in my egotism a bit this time around.

And with that, it's time for me to go taste-test some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. See you on the flip side of this 10-pound weight-gaining night!

No comments: