Monday, October 24, 2011

My Hollywood Doppelganger?

Today at work, I was told I look like Jessica Biel - dead ringer.

I think that guy's going a little bit blind.


OR IS HE?!

Yeah, you're right, he probably is.

This also may not be the best photo comparison I could make, but I didn't feel like searching all through my pictures, and I was scared to look up too many Jessica Biel pictures - you know, the internet these days...

Anyway.

If that's the kind of compliment I get on a day when I threw my greasy hair into a ponytail and didn't spend enough time trying to look my best, then I'm never getting ready for work again!

The woman with this guy who decided I was a "dead ringer" for Jessica Biel was also in complete agreement, though I soon got suspicious that she readily agreed with anything that guy said.

Oh, and this group just got better and better, the longer they were in our office. They had a cute young woman with them, who was an up-and-coming musician on the country music scene. This guy was part of some songwriters association, meeting with a staffer on an issue, and as he waited for their meeting, he let Joe the intern (who had already fallen for the young woman's reserved charms) and me know we'd be getting a musical performance by the up-and-coming musician after the meeting, if we liked.

How do you say no to a free concert at 1:30 on a Monday afternoon?

True to his word, we were called in for a quick performance after the meeting ended. We found out that the girl is 16 (sorry Joe - 2 years!) and we should hopefully hear her on the radio in about a year. Her voice was really pretty, I liked it a lot - not too country, a little bit unique. And I have high hopes that in this next year before it's Radio Time, her songwriting will mature a little bit. The song was a cute love song that had something to do with getting struck by lightning and dying. Yeah. It was a little wordy - but this year will see her tightening her lyrics up a bit, and then she'll be good to go!

Intern Joe and I were both sad after they left and we realized we ought to have gotten a picture with her - you know, for when she's the next big thing in Country Music in a year. Then we could look back at the time the new Taylor Swift met the fake Jessica Biel in a congressional office on Capitol Hill. But then we remembered that she and Joe would start dating in 2 years, when she's legal, and then she can write a song about him (either in relationship mode, or in bitter, post-breakup mode - either way is fine) and that'll be way better than a picture.

Here's to the future!

No comments: