Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kate Goes to Washington - and Meets President Lincoln!!

So I went to a Washington Nationals game Friday night. And it was a blast. I love baseball games.

Especially because we (the Nationals) won.

More Especially because my favorite player (as of the 8th inning of that game) ended up hitting in the winning run - because he's awesome like that and my favorite.

Most Especially because we won in 13 innings. On Friday the 13th! With 13 runs! Just kidding, we won 2-1. Though had we lost 1-3, I think I would've been okay with the loss, just to have that score.

(We had fun seats, right behind right field. FYI, the guy closest to us - the one on the field -  is my favorite player)

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the scoreboard showing the 13th inning like I meant to because - little known fact about me - I never actually get the good picture I really want. I remember to take pictures about random stuff, but when something cool actually comes up, I totally miss it...for reference, please ask Abby about our road trip from Idaho to Arkansas. I kept taking pictures of Kansas fields and trucks we passed, but I couldn't for the life of me get my camera in my hands to snatch a pic of Toad Suck Park or the ferret farm that had probably 20 signs along the Kansas wayside...sigh. It's a perpetual frustration in my life.

ANYWAY.

This is also relevant because yesterday, I went to a reception being held by a beverage association - one that works with all the non-alcoholic beverage companies (and therefore, the best one). It was a pretty nice reception, too. They had a root beer floats table, and a regular drinks table, and some food as well.


Of course, they won my heart immediately with the Sprechers root beer and cream soda at the floats table (can you spot the root beer bottle?!). I fully support this association!


But the main attraction - and what ultimately ties this to my opening remarks about the Washington Nationals - was that they would have the Washington Nationals' Racing Presidents! Which is a big deal. Having grown up with the Milwaukee Brewers' Racing Sausages, it's nice to have some continuity and similarity to grasp onto when you're far from home.

It was also cool because I got to meet them. And I'll tell you what - that Teddy Roosevelt likes to boogie. He was dancing all around the room, bobbing up and down. And Tommy Jefferson? Total camera hog - he jumped in every picture he could (except for any of my pictures, apparently...turns out, I don't have one of him. But he was busy jumping in other presidents' pictures, so).



And here I am with a cup of Sprechers root beer and my {new} favorite president, Abraham Lincoln!


Yeah, Abe's hair is kind of crazy. But what can you do? I mean, really? When you're head is 3 feet tall, and your arms can't reach to fix your hair...it's going to be kind of crazy.

So yeah, I'm a Nationals fan. Between my favorite player winning the game I go to and then meeting the racing presidents, it'd be rude not to be a fan now.

No comments: