Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, all! (and Happy Passover, for my Jewish friends)

I got to spend a beautiful morning at church, thinking about how the Atonement of Jesus Christ, as well as his Resurrection, impact my life - which is to say, I got to spend the morning in complete gratitude for the precious gift of Christ's Atonement and Resurrection. 

I know that because of His miraculous Resurrection, death is not the end - I will get to live again, physically perfect. And I know that because of His amazing Atonement, I will get to live again with my Heavenly Father, spiritually perfect. I'm also grateful to know that, because of the Atonement, I can live fully and abundantly NOW. Christ's loving sacrifice allows me to be my best self every day of this life, cleansing me from sin and comforting me in sorrow. Because He died for me, I can truly live.

During part of our services, a violin trio, backed by piano, played the beautiful hymn, "How Great Thou Art." I read the words in our hymnal as they played. 

Verse 3 and the refrain, in particular, gave me chills to read today:

And when I think that God his son not sparing,
Sent him to die - I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin:

Refrain:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

It truly is amazing, knowing that He gladly took my burden, and my heart also swells - How Great Thou Art!

I found this a Capella version and thought I'd share it with you. 


That's a little more spiritual than I usually go here, but it was all that went through my head, and my heart, and it seemed the best message I could share today.

Happy Easter, friends!

No comments: