Friday, February 19, 2010

Sugar Cookie Takeover

I just made 60+ sugar cookies. Yup, at least five dozens of cookies - mixed, cut, and baked.

That is a lot of cookies. It's for a Relief Society activity tomorrow night, for church, and there are about 5 of us who were going to make a batch of sugar cookies each, cut as hearts to match our theme, "A Heart Like His." We are planning for roughly 60 girls, give or take roughly 60, so 5 girls making a batch each seems about right, right?

I forget that a batch is usually more than just 12 cookies (which would be fine if our estimate gives more than takes). And I said I'd make a double batch, so one of the other girls could focus on preparing the dinner for the activity. My double batch turned into a sort of almost triple batch because I accidentally forgot to shave off two ounces of my 8 oz block of cream cheese (you need 3 oz per batch), so I tried to figure out what 2/3 of a batch would call for. It didn't work out great, but I think I pulled it off, somehow. The batter was definitely overflowing out of the mixer.

My biggest problem with sugar cookies is that when I make them, I don't know if they taste good or not! Homemade sugar cookies lack flavor to me in general (what do they do to make them delicious in stores?!), so I don't know if these are any good! I'm optimistic that my 5 dozens of cookies will work out - if anything, they should be alright smothered in tasty frosting!

Wish me and my 63 cookies luck. Let's hope the activity tomorrow goes a little smoother than my cookie making skills...

No comments: