Monday, February 15, 2010

Running for Spring

So I went running with a friend tonight - it was the first time we've been running since, oh, probably October/November. It's now February. I hate running when it's cold, so I never go in the winter. Today was around 45 degrees, rainy. I woke up feeling like it would be a good day for running. Maybe it's the Olympics, but I had the urge to feel like an athlete again.

I didn't so much feel like an athlete by the end...more like a girl who's not the young high school cross-country and track runner anymore. But I did feel a lot better than I expected to. It wasn't quite effortless, but it felt really good. Maybe because we walked enough, and running with a friend, swapping gossip, always makes it easier.

But really the best part about it was that I felt Spring must be close, if I was willing to go running already. I'm just living for April. Surviving day-by-day with the hope of warm weather. I just wish it would come faster!

Spring, please come soon!!!

No comments: