Thursday, February 4, 2010

Character Revisited

So, I'm still excited about my tv boyfriends. I just love the personalities created in these shows. And I enjoyed looking at some of the things that make me a character. So I've decided the best way for me to get to know me, and to look at who I am in different ways, is to continue looking at what makes me me. I had a church activity a few months ago that talked about recording a life story, whether it's yours, a family member's, a friend's, or a random stranger's. The girl teaching gave us this packet that had a few pages in the back dedicated to questions that can help prompt the stories and record experiences. So I think I'm going to explore some of the questions and watch daily for any weird quirks that I have, and then I will report back. Because I enjoy my USA characters. And I like my tv boyfriends. And I want to be as cool as I think they are. So I will continue to explore my character and see what it is about me that would be fun for USA to make a show about as well! I feel this can accomplish two tasks at once: I'm getting my life story down for posterity (poor guys, I'm sorry you get to have this record of your ancestor...), and I get to prove why I'm cool enough to be with my tv boyfriends.
To start (beyond the little quirks in my initial "character" post), one weird thing about me is that I often have conversations in my head that might come up sometime in the future for real. That sounds weird, and I wish I could explain it to be less weird, but I can't. It really is just kind of weird. I think about potential situations that might come up and I go through the whole argument or the whole conversation in my head. I say what I think the person should say to me, and I answer with eloquent and feeling rebuttals or responses. I generally look really good in what I say and how I say it, and I'm usually quite brave and confident. Of course, these situations rarely play out like I imagine they just might, if they happen at all, and no one ever says exactly what I had them say earlier (and I wouldn't really believe them if they did say my words anyway). I usually end up slubbing my words a lot, and I tend to find my way out of awkward conversations in general, rather than battling through them. I wouldn't say I'm a coward. But I'm definitely braver in my head.
Some of my conversations are rather interesting, and sometimes I get disappointed that my mental situations aren't real, because they were good. But I do allow life to happen as it does, and I find I appreciate some actual conversations more because they didn't get created in my head first, but they were just awesome naturally. Those are always my favorite experiences - ones that seemed like something I might've thought of while riding the bus to work, but in reality, they actually happened...in reality.

No comments: