Thursday, January 5, 2012

Merry Christmas To ME!! and to my parents as well...


You may or may not be able to tell, but this is a picture of my new phone - the back of it. Because the phone cover is really cute, so that seemed most important to get a picture of.

While I was in Arkansas, Abby and I decided that we needed to retire my super hip, technologically-advanced (in 2009), touchscreen phone that's been 3/4 broken, 1/4 cranky for the last 11 months, and upgrade to a more currently technologically-advanced, super hip phone. That's right. I have an i-Phone. I've become like most everyone else. I sit here, typing on my PC laptop, discussing my i-Phone. I'm straddling 2 enemy worlds right now. Just waiting for something to combust. And if my recent trip with my laptop is any sort of sign, it's looking like the PC world is going to go down first...but that's a different story (or lack of story, really. My laptop's getting a little old and starting to show it's age, is all).

Anyway.

My niece Ellee helped pick out my cover for it - she's got birds like these on her bedspread, and I made here paper birds that look like these for her room (totally serendipitous - I had no idea her bedspread would match my birds exactly...), so we've got a thing for birds these days. They're kind of hip and current right now anyway, so it works out that we're just incredibly fashionable. Makes me chuckle to think how much I fought my mom over my wallpaper with the birds kissing on them, and now I like things with birds on them. Not so ironic though, when I think how that wallpaper was still ugly, and these birds are cute. It makes a big difference.

We were pretty stoked about the new phone, even though we had to wait for it to come in the mail (and worried it wouldn't make it to Abby's house before I left...though Fernando at the Verizon store assured me it would). My phone's white, because a white phone was going to be available before a black phone - though I assured Fernando that I'd be happy with either color - I had no preference. Sometimes I get a little hyper-sensitive about how I come across to people when I talk to them. And I'm pretty sure I came across as a complete ditz to Fernando - I base this assumption/knowledge on my inability to remember my phone number, my address, or my name (just kidding, I remembered my name - but my zip code and phone number were quite elusive for some time....awkward). Luckily, I don't think he wanted to kill me for being slightly difficult. Also a plus? With niece Ellee joining me and my sister the second time we went to the store, to get my newly-arrived phone set up, a guy at the store gave the three of us free Verizon t-shirts - that are actually kind of cool. I love having a super cute little niece who makes everyone who lays eyes on her fall in love - we also got free cookies with our dinner the day before on account of her cuteness and sweetness. AWESOME.

And that's the story of my phone. Merry Christmas to Mom and Dad, for finally taking myself off your bill and growing up a little more (officially at some point in the next few days. Totally not my fault I'm currently still on your bill...).

And that's the story of my new phone. I'm trying not to be annoying and checking things on it all the time when I'm with friends or at work - and I'm doing a decent job of it. Yay for retaining some degree of social tact in the face of new, exciting technology! I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship between me and Birdie - the phone's name. I just made that up. Because it's got birds on it. I know, it's totally lame...I'll work on that. Maybe Roger? Faye? Phone?

Name thoughts, opinions, feelings?

No comments: