Thursday, January 26, 2012

CrossFit!

So I went to a CrossFit class last night, with a bunch of ladies from my Relief Society. There's a place nearby my home that offers free Wednesday night and Saturday afternoon classes, so we signed up to try it out.

It kind of kicked my butt.

Bit it more so kicked my arms. Those weak, tender things are SORE today!

I'm not sure I'm going to make it through the day. It's exhausting just having my arms rest on my desk while I type this. I'm such a pansy.

But I also feel so accomplished - is it weird that such a difficult, painful workout is totally calling my name again? I'll blame it partially on the owner and instructors of the gym - I appreciated the "you're doing really great, Kate!" and "that looks really good, awesome!" when I just wanted to collapse and die a little bit. I also appreciate the efforts toward getting our names down - the guy who runs the gym spent 20 minutes before the class trying to learn our names. And we brought 20 girls to a class that's normally only 15 people large. So learning 35 names was quite the task. But it certainly helped, so his efforts paid off.

And now, a few things I learned/was reminded of during one hour of CrossFit:
  • I'm really good at squats. Those 20 squats each night while I brush my teeth really paid off last night.
  • My upper body and soooo wussy! My arms are total wimps.
  • I can jump onto a tire that's 20 inches off the ground - my vertical leap is still pretty good, 8 years after my last high jump ever.
  • I don't like push-ups. I never will. yuck.
  • I'm not effective at all at sit-ups at home - I need someone watching over me so I keep my posture and keep going. I give up too early at home by myself. I need to work on that...
  • I sweat a lot. But I'm reminded of that everyday, not just when I work out.
  • My legs are tough suckers. Those 20 sets of stairs I take (on average) each day are really paying off.
  • No one should ever have to take a picture after working out - but if you do, a far-away picture is fine.


(See?! I really was there!)

And now, my arms are about to fall off my body as I type these last few words, so I think I can't write anymo

1 comment:

Berkley said...

Woohoo, go Kate! Shoot, that reminds me... I haven't gone to the gym for a while. Drat it all.