Thursday, January 5, 2012

Highlights of Christmas in Arkansas, 2011



A Very Long List of Highlights that still only touch on about 1/16 of my trip to Arkansas:
Gingerbread Houses
Abby and I giggling ourselves to tears during the new Twilight movie (mostly during the wedding scene - we're such girls...; then shielding our eyes during the blood-drinking scene...GROSS)
Conquering Super Mario Bros - all 8 levels, in 4 days. AWESOME.
Finally becoming a worthy competitor in Dr. Mario
Greg screaming CHEEEEEESE!!!!! whenever a camera's pulled out
Just Dance 3 with Ellee Bean - she's a good dancer, that little girl
Receiving Color Me Beautiful from Abby for Christmas. CLASSIC.
Brother-in-Law Devn plucking my eyebrows
Hearing my niece pray that we can all have a lot of fun together
Practicing our wheezy laughs
Awesome Christmas lights at Regional Park in Pine Bluff
Reading Skippyjon Jones books to my niece and nephews
Snuggles with Greg during Oomie Zoomie
Snuggles with Ellee before bedtime
Snuggles with Will anytime at all
Celebrating New Year's Eve with the kids at 7pm
Discussing puss-filled wounds. pussy wounds. Funny!
Getting all dressed up with Abby for New Year's Eve - so we could play games at her kitchen table...
Devn staying up with us to ring in the New Year - 1st time in 3 years!
Ringing in the new year with a big fat YAHTZEE!
Being called "Aunt Kate" with very proper diction by two sweet children - they've got their hard "T" sounds down
Getting my new phone!
Devn's Just Dance 3 profile name (though he never played): DRDEE - because he's Dr. D. But it sounds like dirrrrrty - I like to think of it as his rapper name. Drdee. Perfect.
Eating the annual New Year's Eve cheeseball and wheat thins
The lone flight attendant on my flight from Little Rock to Atlanta - his humor made me a little less depressed on the flight home.
Getting free t-shirts at the Verizon store because my little niece is so adorable
Getting free cookies from Wing Stop because my little niece is so adorable
Getting to spend TWO WEEKS with a fantastic family

No comments: