Friday, January 28, 2011

What a Week...

Don't worry, friends, I've since recovered from my crazy Wednesday. The world is good again.

All the crazy problems I had Wednesday trying to find a flight for my boss to get out to California in the midst of a snowstorm carried over to Thursday, but in a much less intimidating, much more manageable way. I finally got him out and on his way, which was a total win for me. Plus, because the traffic was still ridiculous on Thursday morning (cars were left abandoned all over the place around DC...), we got to have 2 hours extra to make our way safely to work.

So I slept in an extra hour - a deserved hour, after my crazy night, and since I've had a cold that keeps waking me up at 5am - and when I got up, I was in a really great mood. I woke up with a smile and enjoyed my morning, then casually rolled into work. The streets were clear and the metro was rather quick. It was awesome.

And today? Today was a nice bookend, with Monday's great start, to the week. OWC took me to lunch (yup, that's right!) over on the Senate side of the Hill, which I hadn't yet seen. It's pretty sweet. You have to take a little trolley train between the House and the Senate, and I am a fan of that; it's a fun component of the trek. We went through that weird hallway with the lowering ceiling that reminded me of the movie, Being John Malkovich, and I told o-dub (that's what we call him for short around here) how I felt the 1st time I walked through it - like I was Alice when she eats the mushroom and grows bigger and bigger. He laughed at me at first, but then totally got it as we walked more through it. It was a really good lunch; I was a fan of the afternoon.

AND...our kitchen is almost complete!!! We finally got our new granite countertops yesterday, and, as of tonight, we now have a faucet with our sink, so we can use that again. Little victories. It is now in the foreseeable future that this kitchen renovation will be done. It feels so good.

So all in all, my week has been thoroughly exhausting in its ups and downs. So much so that I've lost my voice. Again. Stupid colds. Perhaps I'll catch a break and sleep through the night tonight.

Now that would be a nice bookend to the week.

No comments: