Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas in Arlington/My Place of Residence

Have I not shown you my beautifully Christmas-ified home from before the holidays? For shame!

For my first real Christmas on my own (sort of), I really enjoyed getting to decorate my house. Roommate Melissa and I had a nice time putting everything together, and while I still don't really enjoy the actual decorating part - I tire quickly - I really felt its worth this year. I sat engrossed in our decorations every night, from the first night they were up to the day that I left for sister Abby's home. I was pleased with it all.

So here are some pictures of our home - mostly just our front room, actually, since that was the only place we really decorated. At any rate, here they are:


 Our cute Christmas tree, before and after Santa sent presents via the US Postal Service. Those are my presents from Ma & Pa. Thanks you guys, I love it all!

 This was a super sweet purchase on my part. I saw this banner in the party aisle and figured it'd be good for something. Turns out I was right; it was a great addition to our otherwise bare window.

 I also found these 3-D snowflakes in the party aisle, meant to hang from the ceilings. I just unfolded them until they had 1/2 put together and 1/2 still flat, and then attached them to the wall. That wall is so bare, it was a welcome burst of color and decoration. I think it was my favorite addition to the decorations!

Melissa and I wanted the 3 of us to have some sort of fun roommate ornament. I found these little dolls on clearance at Target, so we picked out 3 different girls for each of us, and then we all decided which ones we were. My roommates decided I should have the ones with braids - sorry Ma & Pa, but I love her, braids and all!

We also had lights in the windows and around the stairwell, so we were festive inside and out! I loved it!

Know what else I loved? That it was all taken down already when I came home from my holiday vacation. I loathe taking decorations down, so that might've been one of my favorite Christmas presents of the year. Thanks Melissa, for making Christmas fun in our home, and then for cleaning up after its mess!

No comments: