Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Welcome to the Bandwagon

I walked out of work this evening, and I found myself right behind a woman in a much worn Packers coat. I nodded slightly, smiled, and mentally saluted my fellow comrade.

Then, as I exited my train in the Metro 5 minutes later, I followed a quietly logo-ed Green Bay Packers beanie cap to the escalators.

Roommate Melissa - who learned the rules of football as I explained the game during recent Packers games, and thinks Aaron Rodgers is extremely attractive in a rugged, mountain man sort of way - saw a man in the store the other day who was wearing a Green Bay sweatshirt. She considered going in for a fist bump, but settled for some non-interaction and a faithful reporting of the sighting to me later that day. I fist-bumped her in proxy for the man.

Suddenly, the beautiful green and gold is taking over the capitol of the red, white, and blue.

And I am SO okay with that.

Welcome to you, bandwagon-jumpers. It's good to see you - better late than never, I say. Let's get the word out.

My landlord, a tried-and-true Redskins fan (bless him), emailed all three of us girls on Monday, regarding the current kitchen renovation we're enduring. The first line of his email?

"Hope you all had a good weekend and Kate – GO PACK GO!"
 
Amen, Landlord. I hear that.
 
Tuesday morning, co-worker Jay came up to my desk and asked, "so how does it feel being the only one in the office who's team is still in it?"
 
I responded, "It feels really good, Jay. Really good."
 
I work with a Seahawk (better known as the Osprey to bird lovers, which he is as well), a Patriot (in the football sense more than the literal sense, probably), and a Raven (though not actually a die-hard Poe reader, incidentally). It was fun, being the only girl in the office who really follows sports, to have my team advance beyond the other big boys' teams. 
 
Really fun.
 
 
**Of course, after all this, it will be a real downer if the Pack lose on Sunday...so they better not! GO PACK GO!

No comments: