Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm Going to Run Amuck Around This Town!

I've been running a lot more lately - it's been beautiful when I get home, and I've been antsy to be out in it. So it means I go running.

Plus, I'm training for this.

It's going to be awesome. Mainly because it's still the shorter distance I like to run, and it has distractions to take my mind off the fact that I'm out running.

So I'm getting my legs warmed up for it. Though I should probably start working my upper body a little bit.

I'm running in a team (4 runners), and some of the other girls seem to think I'll be able to handle the climbing walls just fine, and that I can boost them over if need be. They have more faith in my non-existent arm strength than I do.

When I think of that part, all I can picture is me starting to giggle so hard because I can't get over the wall, due in part to the mud all over me and in part to my weakling arms, that I end up collapsing in a puddle of mud, all physical strength succumbing my unceasing laughter.

I'm hoping I do better than that, but I don't have much confidence in any other scenario.

Either way, it's gonna be a fun time!

Our team is signed up in the costume category - last time we talked, we decided to go with a care bear theme.

I was thinking to be:

Friend Bear

Funshine Bear

Good Luck Bear

Thoughts? What's your vote for me?

No comments: