Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Thoughts to End a Loooong Tuesday

It's this sweet niece's birthday - happy birthday, GB! 5 is a good age - I don't really remember being 5, but what I hear from my alcoholic former co-workers, that's the sign of a good time. I hope it's a great year for you!


Sometimes I feel like a slight failure at work, and on those days (which are, blessedly, not too very often), I really appreciate a good social gathering that helps me 1.) forget the workday a little bit, and 2.) remember that work isn't the only thing in life. Granted, it's kind of a big part, taking up most of each day - but it's not the most important part. Sometimes I need that reminder to help me not get totally burned out. It makes it easier to go back the next day, knowing there's something outside of work to be enjoyed.

I really love John Denver. And my iTunes really seems to know just when "Take Me Home, Country Roads" needs to calm my soul and warm my heart {see above}.

I love this unseasonably warm 2 days of weather we're enjoying during the middle of this week. It's such a nice preview of what's ahead in about 2 months. I wish Spring lasted for 6 months of the year. Autumn would be the other 6 months. Duh.

Sometimes All the time, I wish I could just live in moments like this:


Aside from being super exhausted and sweaty, of course.

I wish pottery classes weren't so expensive. Because I'd really like to take a class. Partially because I'd really like to know how to use those pottery wheels, and partially because I want to tell people, when they ask what I did during my week, that I spun clay around and made a bowl or a cup or a vase or an impressionist statue of something. I don't feel like my friends and I are interesting in any way sometimes, when all we say is that we went to the gym or went out to dinner or went to New York City, or went to Turkey. Everyone's going to Turkey these days - it's lost it's uniqueness as a destination spot to me. I want to say I went to a pottery class. Or something. I'm searching for my new surprise talent. I'll let you know when I've found it.

Update: I don't think I've got any surprise talents. Just thought I'd let you know what I found.

No comments: