Monday, January 28, 2013

A Clarification

So in my last post, where I talked about some of the really great guys out here in DC who make me feel so special and pretty with their pick-up lines and leering looks, I decided to not explain my response to the one guy asking if I have a man in my life.

I had written an explanation of my thought process at the time, but then I deleted it, because it was, as usual with me, a little too wordy.

But I'm realizing now that I should have left it in...

So I apologize for making a few of you go crazy at the thought that perhaps I had some boyfriend or fiance or lover I hadn't told you about. Because I don't (frowny face).

Instead, I leaned on the guy's general use of "Man" to feel that I could truthfully say yes because I have a dad, some brothers, a lot of guy friends whom I consider men (and a few I'm still hoping will grow up to be one some day), etc, etc.

But I feel as though I've toyed with your emotions and tugged at some heartstrings teasingly, and for that, dear friends and random readers, I sincerely apologize. I've never done the whole "mysterious" thing well, and now's not the time to practice it, I suppose.

Also, when the guy asked about a man in my life, I should also mention that the budding feminist in me wanted to turn and yell, "I don't need NO MAN in my life to make me happy! You chauvinistic pig! How dare you belittle my existence with a once-over and the thought that I need a MAN to take care of me! I am successful, smart, and talented, and A MAN would be lucky to have ME in HIS life! UGH."

But that felt like too much energy expelled for such a simple question on a very cold evening. So I'll wait to go all fem-bot crazy for when it's warmer. And I'm less tired. And there are more witnesses.

Because I really want to go viral on YouTube some day.

No comments: