Monday, January 14, 2013

Random Thoughts and a Picture, #45

Every so often, out of nowhere, I'll get the song "My Boyfriend's Back" stuck in my head. It's kind of strange. But it's a great song, so I don't complain.

Christmas lights and fireworks may be the BEST things in the world. I wish I could leave up the string of Christmas lights on our mantle forever. Or at least until the Summer, when fireworks season begins. I think it may be the only way I can make it through winter without going totally mad.

I love daydreaming, but I have a slight love/hate relationship because I have this problem about being annoyed when I have a particularly good daydream - because, obviously, I know it can't ever come true now because I pictured it all in my head and the details are so intricate and perfect that there's just no way it could be duplicated in real life. And then I get slightly bummed. But they can't tell me to stop dreaming. And perhaps some day...the dream that I wish will come true... sorry, I had to just do that, because that silly explanation was screaming for it.

I found out the other day that I'm not the only crazy person in the world. A friend of mine has that exact same problem with her reaction to her daydreams. It's nice having company in Crazytown - it's a wacky place otherwise.

I still remember every word to Cinderella. That movie will never leave my brain. Thank goodness.

Fog and mist mess with my brain. Like majorly. I lose all my social skills and the ability to think clearly. It's like the fog seeps into my brain and messes with my mind, man. Incidentally, it may also help me self-analyze better, too. I can't talk to other people and hold conversations with them, but my conversations with myself are really thoughtful and sincere. So I guess it balances out.

I love the dried mango from Costco, but I think it makes my tummy hurt (not because I eat too much of it...or perhaps it is because of that...let's not over-analyze this). So I'm torn between really enjoying something I love and having to lay down for awhile to settle my stomach. But laying down is comfy, so I guess it's actually really a great idea to eat lots of dried mango. Well, that worked itself out nicely.

I found my new favorite show - Too Cute. on Animal Planet. It is an epic, first-hand look into the lives of sweet kittens and puppies, following various litters during the first 6 weeks of the wee babes. I love it for a few reasons: 1. I appreciate Animal Planet's self-mockery of its more serious Wild Cats of the Serengheti" and "AFRICA: Elephants." The narrator is especially great, adding such gravitas to the tongue-in-cheek narrative, as he observes the young pups and kittens coming of age in their natural habitats. 2. It's tiny puppies and kittens! The 2 episodes I watched were solely kittens, but I hear they have puppies on sometimes, too. They're sooooo cute! Dare I say, even too cute?? I giggled my whole way through both episodes, smiling with pure joy and giddiness over the sweet babies. It really made my day.

And 3. when breaking for commercials, the show reminds us to check out the KITTEN CAM on their website! They have a toocute kitten cam! I'm in heaven. No more bad days for me in my life. This just solved all of my problems.

One time when I was having a rough day at work, I googled kitten images, and it made me feel better. So now when I start getting stressed out, one of my interns just sends me pictures of kittens. hashtag kittensmakeeverythingbetter.

Hi! Hi! Hi! I just want a hug! Hug me, hug me, hug meeeeeeeee!

No comments: