Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Destination Vacation Plans for Spring 2012

Plans. made. Tickets booked. Adventures dreamt.

If my destination travel plans are any indication, this is going to be one HOTT Spring 2012 for this girl.

Forget Costa Rica or Florida. Here are the new hot spots for a premier Spring Break experience:

First up:
March - Des Moines, Iowa, baby!

I'm flying to Milwaukee, and then hitting the road with oldest brother Chris and his family to Iowa to visit second oldest brother Ben and his family. I'm pretty stoked about it. It's just a weekend trip (Friday to Monday morning), but if it's anything like Ben's mad Just Dance dancing skills, it's going to be an amazing weekend.

Next:
May - Rolla, Missouri. Hallowed historical sight of Barlowpalooza 2011

I'm flying to Des Moines, and then hitting the road with Ben and his family. We'll enjoy the scenic sights as we head south. It will hopefully end up being a mini-barlowpalooza (a pre-palooza, if you will), as we've got most families slated to attend. My appearance was confirmed Tuesday night (11pm, 10 central), and I'm excited to be part of this great event.

I know, Des Moines and Rolla - how did I get so lucky as to score trips to these hot destinations? My family is so good to me, settling in such fun places as these. I can't wait.

I also recognize the silliness in my travel plans: fly to Milwaukee to get to Des Moines; fly to Des Moines to get to Rolla. That's just how the ticket prices worked, so I'm not going to question it. Clearly, I was meant to have two EPIC roadtrips this Spring, so I'm rolling with it.

Perhaps next time I make plans to go visit Abby in Arkansas, I can fly to Rolla and then drive down there with Zach and his family. You know, if I want to go for consistency.

No comments: