Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just Another Day

So we had a former San Francisco 49er defensive linesman in our office this morning.

No big deal.

He was only a two-time Super Bowl winner. With 2 giant super bowl rings.

Whatever.

Turns out, he's good buddies with my boss out in CA. And he's a really nice guy.

With a really strong handshake.

I know that because he shook my hand as he thanked me for helping him earlier in the morning.

I could feel in my handshake with him some of the power that pushed opposing players around and that sacked unsuspecting quarterbacks over and over again.

It also turns out, super bowl championship rings are really heavy.

I know that because he let me try them on.

They were a little big for my fingers.

And my thumb.

But just barely too small for my wrists.

His wife and I thought the diamonds were the perfect size for earrings for her. We talked over ways we could detach them from the ring so she could wear them - we didn't think he'd notice...

It also turns out, his wife is really nice, too. I really enjoyed joking around with her. We're basically besties now.

Just another workday in a congressional office.

No comments: