Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Love Letter For Keanu

In my last post, I made a comment about Keanu Reeves which was probably unkind. I wanted to make sure I set the record straight about my opinion of this actor.

I am no Keanu hater.

In fact, I really like the guy. He gets criticized for a lack of acting skills sometimes, but let's be real here - he's one of the best in the business at picking movie roles that fit his acting abilities. And I find that some of my favorite movies and/or some of the movies I can watch over and over again are Keanu movies.

Case in point:
Speed
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Point Break
The Replacements

I heard the Matrix movies were great (I think I finally saw the first one all the way through on tv a few years back...), and that he was great in Johnny Mnemonic.

Sure, I didn't love him in Much Ado About Nothing, and I don't fall for his romantic movies too much either, and yeah, he's been in a ton of other movies I've never seen, or wanted to see. But still - those 4 movies above used him perfectly. Ted Theodore Logan will always be one of my favorites, for all time.

All this to say, I love the movie Speed, and I'm not afraid to admit that I will always turn to that movie when it's airing on tv.

Always.


No comments: