Sunday, February 19, 2012

Maybe the Dingo ate'cho Baybee!

So sometimes my pop culture recognition lags a little behind. No big deal - it catches up eventually.

I knew this had to reference something, but I never really knew what. Nor did I ever care to figure it out. It was funny all on it's own to me anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghCTZF61ey0

But now I know - all these years later, I've learned the reference(s):
http://news.yahoo.com/australia-asks-again-did-dingo-kill-baby-125428983.html

A movie was made based on this story - "A Cry in the Dark." Meryl Streep says, "A Dingo ate my baby!" in a crazy Australian accent (no video clip could be found to prove it, sadly).

Full disclosure: I didn't actually read the article above. The headline was enough for me to get stuck with Elaine's voice in my head all day: "Maybe the Dingo ate'cho baybie!"

It's a question I'm sure we'll be asking ourselves for another 20 years.

And that, my friends, is why I love Seinfeld. It truly teaches me so much.

No comments: