Friday, July 22, 2011

Folks, It's a Hot One Out There

This is why I'm not eating lunch outside today:


Severe Weather Alert

» Read More
Current conditions as of 10:51 AM EDT
Partly Cloudy
Feels Like:
111 °F
Barometer:
29.92 in and steady
Humidity:
53 %
Visibility:
7 mi
Dewpoint:
77 °F
Wind:
E 3 mph
UV Index:
5
UV Description:
Moderate
Sunrise:
5:59 AM
Sunset:
8:27 PM

Feels like 111 degrees outside right now. Heat index near 115F. High 102F. Humid. YIKES!

Folks, it's hot out there. My hands are clammy and sweaty the SECOND I step outside. I haven't actually done my hair in 3 days - air-dry curly and/or a ponytail are the only hairstyles worth taking any time to do (and luckily, they take little time, so my mornings have been refreshingly relaxing).

At least the UV Index isn't too terrible (compared to the Index of 9 we had last week...), so maybe this heat wave calls for a combination of air-conditioning and pool time. Heavy on the AC.

I know I'm not the only one suffering through this hotness. Hope you're all finding a way to stay cool in your neck of the heat dome.

1 comment:

DF said...

I hear you sister. We spent 2 nights last night in the basement because the 2nd floor of our air-conditioned home could stay cool enough. Good luck. Fortunately, it's started to cool off. Today we're looking at a heat index of only 98...how refreshing. Maybe I should bring a light jacket tomorrow.