Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Announcing Barlowpalooza 2010 - tickets available now!

I am T minus 2 weeks until I move to DC...and I CAN"T WAIT! I'm so excited, I can't really think straight these days.

To be exactly accurate, I'm actually 3 weeks away - but I'm leaving for a grand old week in Wisconsin before heading all the way across the country from here, and that's making me as excited as anything! I haven't been back to Wisconsin since my parents moved, at the beginning of 2007. Technically, the last time I was home was actually winter semester of 2006, my off-semester in college. So it feels like forever.

My oldest brother, Chris, has been setting up Barlowpalooza 2010 for the week(end) I'm there, because my other brothers, Ben and Zach, will be coming up with their families as well. Unfortunately, Abby can't make it, which keeps us one family away from a perfect sibling attendance record, but she's here with me in Utah this week, so at least I'm getting to see her for a bit. But the boys will be around, and I can't wait to meet the newest little Barlow, Libby - even if it's been a few months since she joined us.

Chris sent a text to us Barlowpalooza attendants the other day, asking what things were imperative to this party weekend. I have a small list of things I'd love to do while in Wisconsin, but my only requirements were: Kopp's frozen custard and Culver's custard and mashed potatoes (not together Silly, that'd be gross). I gotta get the Dairy State back in my blood, so I don't get all hoity-toity in DC. Not to mention, the main event will be the County Fair - the 161st annual County Fair, no less - so I have a good feeling about this trip.

I haven't been able to get to sleep the last few nights, just thinking about the family fun coming up, as well as trying to imagine how I'm possibly going to move across the country, with just 2 suitcases...but I've done it before, when I moved to Idaho for school, so I can do it again! DC is a little different than Idaho (from what I hear, of course. I haven't actually been to DC, so who knows, it might be the same...or completely different - I'm betting on the completely different), but the moving to a new, unknown place, with only what I can carry, is the same, so I think this will be a success.

1 comment:

CB said...

Barlowpalooza 2010 will be epic. What a great way to end the summer. We can't wait to have everyone here.