Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm a Navy Girl! Go Goats!

I went to a Navy football game on Saturday. First football game I've been to in forever.

I learned a few things from the game:

1. I love football. I need to go to more football games. I already knew this, but I needed the reminder.

2. It's cold in November. I might not have been able to feel my big toes all that well when I left the game, despite wearing 2 pairs of socks and boots. 50 degrees just isn't as warm as I'd like.

3. I love cheering. Also a known fact, but I love to yell and cheer. It took me a little bit to get fired up and going, but when Navy scored their first touchdown, I was ready to get cheering. Jump onto my feet from the bench, yelling as loud as possible. From the 3rd row from the top. I think the players heard my support still.

4. When Navy scores, the students (cadets?) on the side line spread out and do 6 pushups. Is that a general tradition in all armed forces football games, or just Navy? I like it, either way.

5. The Navy's mascot is a goat. Not a ram. A Goat. And their fight song is "The Goat is Old and Gnarly." I'll give them bonus points for uniqueness, because that's one strange idea for a song. And beloved, from the joy I heard in the voices of the fans while they sang.

6. Annapolis is charming. Can't wait to see it a little better in the daytime sometime.

And here are some pictures for you. I wore my blue hat to keep my ears warm and to support Navy. My blanket was also navy. I like to blend in with the real fans as much as possible - I think my cheers carry more weight when I put more effort in like that. Also I would've gotten a picture of our whole group, but I was sitting in the middle, and I just couldn't get up to get the picture - too cold for unnecessary movement...

 The halftime performance was from the Cheerleaders of America - such cute little girls! GO NAVY!
 Me and my friend Amber. She was my friend because I shared my blanket with her. BFFs!

 my friend's game food - loaded nachos. Intense.

The group that didn't leave at the end of the 3rd quarter. My teeth look ridiculously white. They aren't really that bright. I mean, they're alright and all, but they're not Ross Geller white...yikes.

No comments: