Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Because I Like To Do What the In-Crowd Does

Well, I have an hour before I go to the airport, and I'm all packed and ready to go. And I needed something to distract me from the eternity that an hour can be sometimes, so I've decided to do what the cool blog kids are doing and put together a little list of things I'm thankful for right now.

And when I say right now, I really do mean exactly right now - a lot of my thoughts are tied directly to my travel plans...But anyway, here goes my 2011 "Thankful" list:
  • Air travel and modern travel conveniences
  • Really, really great parents
  • Family in general - because I sure lucked out on that front
  • Crossword puzzles
  • Beautiful Fall weather (I will miss you, cool DC Autumn - I will not enjoy you, freezing Utah Fall)
  • Good books
  • scarves and mittens
  • 3 hour workdays
  • Considerate friends
  • hot water & long showers
  • A free country
  • A strong faith
  • Warm winds during leisurely walks
  • Getting to see 3 really great little nieces this weekend
  • Cheering for a great football team - GO PACK GO
  • Being able to celebrate a holiday purely through delicious food
Oh, there are so many more things for this list, but those seemed most important today.

I hope you have as wonderful a Thanksgiving as I plan on having! It's a holiday I'm a huge advocate for - any reason to fill my tummy to the brim with mashed potatoes and homemade rolls is welcomed by me!

No comments: