Thursday, October 14, 2010

RAIN!

Today I went for a run in the pouring rain. It was a BLAST!

Let the record state that it was not pouring when I left. It was drizzling a little when I got ready to go, raining a little harder when I actually left. Nothing I couldn't handly.

Two minutes later - torrential downpour.

The rain calmed down a very little bit a few minutes later, but then it poured even harder about 5 minutes later. And I was smiling and laughing the whole time! Best morning ever!

Luckily, I recognized that my normal running mix would not be suitable for a rainy day, so I quickly made the switch on my shuffle from upbeat, bouncy music to the laid-back, chill, perfect-for-a-rainy-day Joshua Radin and his sweet new album. I've been in love with this boy and his voice for the last 2 years, and I was so excited to find out he had a new album out! It was like he knew I would want to go running in a rainstorm soon, so he busted out some great songs for me to enjoy the beautifully wet morning. Thanks, Joshua, I appreciate knowing you've been thinking of me, too.

Honestly though, it was a fun time out there. I used to hate running in the rain during cross-country in high school, but I've decided it had more to do with a lack of good wet-weather running clothes. I was a little better dressed today. And aside from having to wring out my hood and the cuffs of my sleeves once or twice, I was barely hindered by the rain. Except for the giant puddles I had to dodge...and sometimes fail at dodging...oops. It kind of reminded me of the Urbanathlon my sister-in-law Laura suggested we all run next year - I was jumping over obstacles and avoiding holes and puddles. At one point I passed a parked car and considered practicing my running over taxis right then.

But I decided against it. After a long debate regarding the pros and cons of jumping on and running over the parked car, I realized I'd already run past it, so it wasn't possible anymore, anyway. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

Moral of the Story: Go find a rainy day to enjoy, and bring Joshua Radin along for the party. You'll be smiling before you know it!

No comments: