Thursday, October 14, 2010

Interesting Thoughts for an Interesting Wednesday

I feel really important when I'm walking down a hallway of marble stone, and the click-clacking of my heels echoes down the corridor. Because only important people wear shoes that make such loud, important noises to let everyone know that someone important is coming.

Boys who wear shirts with the sleeves cut off will always gross me out. But when a boy at least has the sense to work out so his arms are worth showing off, then I mind the ugly shirt a little less. Call me a teenage girl, but boys still steal my focus, particularly when I'm sitting on the Metro.

Speaking of the Metro, I thoroughly enjoyed the chart I saw on the Metro tonight, showing the varying degrees of odor. Only one was good; the remaining went from unpleasant to malodorous to putrid. At first, I didn't see that it was actually an ad from Dove, and I was impressed with the Metro's forward-thinking public service announcement to be thoughtful and not smell bad. But then I realized Dove had created the ad - well-played, Dove, talk about appealing to the audience at hand. I just hope more people take the message to heart...

It's a little embarrassing when you're the one living in DC, and your friend is just visiting, and you have to call her for directions to the restaurant you picked to meet her at for dinner.

Giant spider in the hallway outside my room = not okay. And by giant, I mean GIANT. Exaggeration is non-existent here. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight, far away from my room.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm here. It's usually at night, when I'm restless before I go to sleep. I get a little anxious. Particularly when there's a giant spider, or some other giant bug, in or near my bedroom. But then I somehow fall asleep and I'm all better in the morning.

I'm still not sure how "The Nanny" was ever a hit show...or how I still watched it when I was younger, knowing it was annoying. Or how I'm not running out of the room, screaming right now, while my roommate watches it. That nasally voice has some sort of addictive chemical, I know it.

I should not write blog posts late at night. It's too hard to focus. Especially with such a nasally voice distracting me with silly quips and obnoxious laughter. Maybe, just maybe, if I turn her off, that drilling voice will eventually clear out of my eardrums...

No comments: