Thursday, April 29, 2010

Look what my boss made me do...

My boss keeps trying to corrupt me (not my cousin/boss. The other one...). I call my cubicle "the cubicle of safety" and "the cubicle of peace" and "the cubicle of happiness" so that he can't come over and corrupt my space.

It doesn't always work.

But I refuse to give up.

More specifically, my boss tries to bring down my language to a more base level, though I will give him credit - he cleans his language up a lot when I'm around. And when I give him The Look. Then he laughs while apologizing to me.

Today he learned that a.) I have a blog - it's still a secret to most people, I'm self-conscious like that - and b.) I wrote the word 'hell' the other day on it. He was flabbergasted. I responded that I'm more likely to swear on paper than vocally. And just the soft swears. He laughed and thought of all the things I could/should say on paper, swearing. Then he decided/came to the conclusion that anytime I might swear, it was likely that I was talking about him. He started scripting out what I would say. Something to the effect of: That b&*%$d D. annoyed the s*#t out of me today....or close to that.

I think he's probably right. He may be the only person I could cuss like that about. And I think half of the reason is because he wouldn't be ofended at all. In fact, he'd marked it a sign of pride that he could be such a person that could elicit such a response from me. Ironically, that's just the sort of attitude that keeps any verbal assault at bay. I won't give him that satisfaction. A smug D is an intolerable D.

Utah has not been good for my language. Go figure.

1 comment:

Berkley said...

haha so funny!!! I love it.