Friday, September 20, 2013

The Perks of Befriending the Mail Lady

One day, the very sweet, rather boisterous lady who delivers the mail to our office twice daily asked me if I read People magazine.

I responded that, sure, I'd read it sometimes.

She now makes sure to bring me one of the extra People magazines that come in the mail to one of the non-existent offices and would otherwise go in the trash. Waste not.

Every other week, she pops in, drops off our mail, then turns to me, hands me the magazine, and says, "take it home!" and then turns around and walks back out with a quick "have a good evening, Sugar!"

Today, she dropped off the mail, then left. Then came back 5 minutes later to hand me the magazine, having forgotten to give it to me when she was in. I smiled and expressed me surprise and gratitude, and she waved in acceptance and told me to "have a good weekend, Baby."

Be nice to your local mail person. Become friends. And maybe you too will start to get the leftover People magazines to read on your commute home.

I mainly enjoy it for the crossword puzzle :).

No comments: