Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I Just Really Love Reading Writing

I was waiting for a train tonight, coming home from a reception after work. It was about a 10 minute wait, so I pulled out my book (I always have one in my purse - for moments just like these. It's the only way waiting for a train for 10 minutes doesn't make me want to gauge my eyes out) and spent the time reading a bit.

And I read a passage of one of the chapters of the novel I'm currently digesting. It was about 4 paragraphs in size.

And it was really beautiful. The imagery was gorgeous, and the sentences just rolled over each other like waves, and the vision I had in my mind of what was happening just completely blotted out the dingy metro station and muffled the echoing noises, and all too quickly my train was there in front of me.

So I put my book away and got on to go home.

I didn't read any more of the book then - partially as a rule, because I get motion sickness easily on the train. But mostly because I just really loved what I had read, and I thought about it the whole rest of my way home, the feelings I had smoldering in my mind.

And I will probably re-read that passage when I open my book again, before moving on to the rest of the story.

Has that ever happened to you? No? Yes? Am I just super weird? Because it really, truly made my day!

Which I think was a legitimate, purposeful blessing from above, because today was a tough one otherwise.

I hate when Congress goes back in to Session after a long recess. Working is hard, y'all!

No comments: