Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Halloween Season is Upon Us

We are on the brink of the annual end-of-the-year-holiday-extravanganza!

Halloween-Veterans Day (I count it, now that I have a government job that gives me it off!)-Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Years.

I have certain traditions for certain holidays. Halloween is one of those certain holidays. Like with Independence Day, when I have to watch the enthralling President's speech from the fabulous movie, aptly titled, Independence Day, I have a certain video clip that I have to watch in preparation for Halloween:



That's right, Ellen's scare montage, where she shows clips of the various people she scared over the last year (2010).

This seriously makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it. EVERY TIME! It truly feels like Halloween after I've viewed this. Even when I feel the need to watch it in March - it feels like Halloween.

As a backup video, this also sends me into spastic giggle fits, too (warning - there are a few swearing bleeps, already bleeped - she's scared pretty $@!#less though, in fairness):



Nothing like a montage to get you into the holiday spirit.

As a complete aside, I had a peppermint shake tonight at dinner - just doing what I can to get prepared for the holiday blitz.




3 comments:

Laura B. said...

Kate we are truly kindred spirits. I LOVE these montages and watch them all year round. There is NOTHING funnier to me than people getting scared!! (well maybe people slipping)
These definitely ring in the spooky season! Let it begin!!
Ps I propose we make our own montage of "Turkey Day Terrors" over TurkeyPalooza. Could be epic!!

Laura B. said...

One more thing. Ben hates to be scared like that. It makes it SO much more gratifying! Let it begin!!!

Kate said...

Uh, yeah. I'm in - the only person off-limits should probably be papa walt. I don't want to be the reason he throws his back out or something...

Can't wait for Turkeypalooza!