Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Johnny Rockets - Where the Good Times Roll!

It would seem that Thanksgiving Eve brings different emotions to different people.

For me, I experienced happiness and excitement - and a slight drug induced-like randomness that my roommates could only scratch their heads about (followed later by a slight drug induced-like crash that sapped all energy from my body and mind. Please note that no actual drugs were used to create these moments - it was all me).

For roommate M, she experienced exhaustion from lack of sleep mixed with joy for a free afternoon, and a desire to follow through and actually dye her hair. (We went to the store and made her wish possible by buying hair dye).

For roommate E, she dealt with frustration, stress, and sadness. She did not get a 1/2 day of work, with no supervision, like I did - in fact, she had a little too much supervision, and supervision which did not treat her with the kindness and patience that the holidays will sometimes draw out of people.

Poor girl, E's Eve was not very fun at all. We let her exercise her anger away as we went to the store, and then M & I decided tonight might just be the best night for our first roommate dinner out.

So we all thought long and hard, scratched our noggins and rubbed out chins, and decided to go to Johnny Rockets - where the good times roll! And where sandwiches and burgers are made lots of grease and oldies music.

I think my very favorite part about JR is that when they bring your food out, they bring each of you and little bowl for your own ketchup - and it has a big ketchup smiley face on it! Kinda like this:

 And this is me poking my smiley face in the eye with a french fry. Yes, you're right, it does in fact seem rather cruel and unnecessary, but it was an urge I couldn't repress, or I didn't give myself time enough to think about it to repress - at any rate, it's done, and I took a picture of it:

*Side Note: It would seem that I'm meant to be happy right now, since smiley faces keep getting thrust at me from all directions. I'm pretty o.k. with that, I think.

Smiley Face Johnny and I were good friends, as you can see. At least, until I poked his eye out, but I think he was fine with it.

Unfortunately, I'm seriously doubting that my roommates will ever take me to dinner/out in public with them ever again. I had lost quite a bit of my energy by the time we got to JR, but I hadn't yet shaken the ability to keep thoughts and singing shut in my mind. I found myself mumbling a bit and singing to the sweet music playing - perhaps louder than I probably ought to have. And by probably, I mean definitely. It would seem I'm not going to shake that 'crazy person' reputation anytime soon...oh well.

JR was delicious, the old-school 50's style thick strawberry milkshake was divine, but it did not keep me and M from wanting to hurl by the time we left. Walking to the car, I had to keep reverting to caveman walking, so my stomach wouldn't feel so stretched out and helpless. In fact, I'm sitting here 4 hours later still wondering if my stomach will ever settle down.

But on the flipside, I think we were able to put a ketchup smiley face on E, so it was worth it.

No comments: