Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Peppermint Patty Hair

You know when you look in the mirror and think you're starting to look reminiscent of a cartoon character?

No? That doesn't happen to you?

Lately I've been feeling like my hair is starting to look like Peppermint Patty's, of "Peanuts" lore. Particularly my bangs.

My bangs getting a little sad these days, grouping together like PP's, a big poofball right on my forehead, creating its own separate fashion statement from the rest of my hair. And then the humidity takes control of it and turns my bangs into this odd, curly mess, flipping out at the end, like I really wanted a wacky slide down my forehead. Maybe PP can pull it off, but I'm no cartoon, so it doesn't translate quite as well...
I don't want to grow them out because, let's face it, I look better with bangs - they make my head look not quite so long. I'm thinking a trim to get them to a respectable length will take the curl part away and then maybe they'll realize who's boss and do what I say. But I'm scared to get them cut out here, with an unknown stylist - bangs disasters are my only hair fear.Because how do you fix that? If you mess up on bangs, that usually only means you cut them too short - and bangs are already short! I hate finding new hair stylists in new places. I do believe this might actually be the hardest part of moving. You finally find someone who cuts your hair wonderfully, and then you move and have to start all over. And I'm not super picky about my hair - I mean, my hair just isn't that difficult to cut. So if I feel this way, it must be truth, yes? Ladies, are you with me?

One day I'll be brave and find a good-looking salon that will put me at ease. But for now, I suppose I'll embrace my Peppermint Patty and start crushing on some really geeky kid who's no good at sports, while he completely ignores me and goes for every other girl around, though none will like him like I do.

On second thought, maybe I'll get my hair cut soon and move up to crushing on the cute boys. Sorry Charlie Brown.

1 comment:

Berkley said...

I am so happy to see pictures in your posts now.. :)That's all.