Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sunny Day Rain

So I'm walking home from my bus stop this evening, my footsteps falling to the beat of Taylor Swift's "Fearless." The sun is shining, and I'm happy for the heat, though I'm looking forward to a nice cold glass of water to cool me down a little when I get home.

Taylor starts to sing her chorus, and when she gets to "with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress," it starts raining on me - while it's still SUNNY out! It's not raining hard, but it's raining big drops, hitting me on my arm, my cheek, my shoulder, my foot, each drop splashing a little on contact. What a great treat! First of all, because it fits my personal music video I'm living at the moment with my song. Secondly, because sunny day rain is one of the most fun things! Knowing you won't actually get/stay wet, you can enjoy walking around in the rain, while also still enjoying a beautiful sun.

I just love the magic of it. I looked up to a nearly cloudless sky, and then got hit near my eye by a giant raindrop. Where'd it come from?! I admit, I first wondered who's sprinkler broke and started spraying everywhere -which wouldn't have been very magical at all. More like a headache for the homeowner. But to my, and all the homeowners', relief (whether they realize or not), it was the sky's broken sprinkler! A quick rest from the hot sun without having to fix anything later!

It was a beautiful little walk I got to enjoy this evening. It was the perfect treat after a very long, tiring day inside.

No comments: