Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Laws of Physics are Beyond Me....

How do you go to sunny California, lay on the beach reading all Saturday, forget to put on sunscreen, and come back with only a slight sunburn on your shoulders and nowhere else to show for it?

By being Kate Barlow, that's how.

It's against all I grew up being taught. If you don't put sunscreen on, you fry. Apparently, this fact is only true for most - normal - people. I'm an exception to the rules of science and pragmatism, it would seem.

I have a slightly annoying sunburn on my back and upper chest (and maybe on my left ear, from the drive home...), and that's all I have to show that I was in California for 4 days. Awesome. I came home from the beach with a tinge of red on my nose, making me look like I recently caught a cold, but even that bit of sun seemed to have gone away by the next afternoon.

Seriously, can I please get some color this summer?

In other news, my trip of 1sts was a blast! I'll be back with more about it later. Right now, I must go to bed, for I am exhausted. It's amazing how doing nothing for 4 days, and then sitting in a car, doing nothing, for 10 hours, can wipe you out so much...

No comments: