Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm IN!

I realize I'm almost a week late - but 'almost' is not 'actually,' so I think I'm safe - but I have super awesome news! On Monday, I heard back from my first school, and I was accepted into their Literature Graduate Program! American University in Washington, DC, was impressed by my application and has decided that I would be a good fit to their school, and their professors are "excited to challenge [me] academically." I'd like to see them try...seriously, I will be there to experience their efforts in challenging me. Because it's a tall order, but they think I'm able to learn, so we'll see if they can make something of me! So far, I've received the official acceptance letter, as well as a heads-up letter from the College that I would be accepted (I got that the same day and read it after the official one, oops), and an email from who I assume would be my academic advisor telling me AU was very impressed with my application and would love to have me attend. Not to shabby, American University. Not too shabby at all.
I still have my other two schools to hear back from, but American University was kind of my number one - I really want to be in DC. So now I'm just waiting to hear back for pride's sake. Is AU just dumb, or do other schools see my potential as an academic challenge? Would anyone like to put some money on that gamble? Because I'd really like it if you did...no pressure, just my ability to actually attend one of your fine educational institutions is on the line...

1 comment:

*Abby* said...

WAHOO FOR KATE! super congrats! By the way... love the blog... keep it up!

Oh yeah and when is your life story of us being written/published? i'll be waiting!