Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It's a New Title! It's So Concise! Kind of...

So...

I don't know if you noticed, but my header on this dear blog has changed. It happened a little sooner than I anticipated, but sometimes when you accidentally press "save changes," things happen faster than planned.

I liked my old title/header - the pictures didn't really have anything to do with anything, I just liked them. And my old title, "A Not-So-Very Concise Synopsis of a Somewhat Un-Complex Girl," which is still what the webpage says until I change that, was very long and kind of rambling, and it didn't really make much clear sense, which seemed like the best explanation I could think of for who I am and how I roll. You know?

But it's been decorating the top of my blog for many days now, and it seemed like a good time to try something new. I downloaded this program called Inkscape - kind of like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, if I had to explain it (which, I know, I don't have to, but oh well - what's done is done) - and it seemed like a good first project to try.

And also this new name won out as the future name of my future book all about my life, which oldest brother Chris is waiting to be published any day now. It beat a few other contenders in a "future book name" contest that I didn't know was happening until it was already almost settled. I say almost because Chris was pitching all these other names, and then his wife Jodi came out of nowhere with this winner while I was on the phone with Chris. At least, that's how I remember this playing out (and therefore, that's exactly how it happened.

The title is, of course, referencing the end of this post, which happens to be the 2nd most read post of the month (I give Chris most of the credit for those hits, as I believe he pulled it up to read to himself, to Jodi, and to each of his kids, probably individually, and he therefore counts for 12 of those views...).

So, long story short, my header changed. In case you haven't gathered that. And one day, when I'm really good on Inkscape, maybe I'll make a more exciting header. But we'll not hold our breaths for that one.

Aaaaaaaand, that's all I've got. Sorry. Boring!