Monday, June 20, 2011

Yogurt - My Newest Frenemy

It never fails.

Every time I eat yogurt at work, a small glob decides to abandon the spoon it was clinging to and land - thwop - on one of my pant legs (or skirt, depending on the day).

I don't know when I started eating like a geriatric; maybe it has something to do with the gooey, gloppy texture of yogurt that makes me feel like an old person with tremors and no teeth who has to gum food and eat only liquids and semi-solids. And like a geriatric in a dingy nursing home, I just can't seem to get those semi-solids from the container to my mouth accurately enough sometimes, and the evidence currently resides in the ever-so-slightly discolored spot on my right pant leg.

Perhaps I should also stop trying to read something while I'm eating and start paying more attention to the food I'm trying to throw down in such haste.

Paying attention to what I'm doing may or may not solve quite a few problems of mine in general, actually.

1 comment:

Berkley said...

As a fellow Yogurt lover, let me share with you a few tips to help with a no-spill yogurt zone.

1) be sure to 'burp' the lid as you open it. Open the lid only slightly so only a small portion of yogurt will fling out.

2) always eat yogurt over your desk or be sure to have the yogurt cup directly below the spoon as you bring it to your mouth.

Hopefully these tricks will help so you don't waste any of the yogurt to your pant leg/skirt. :)

Happy yogurt eating!