Sunday, December 11, 2016

Day 11: MAX

Oh Max. I love this guy. He is growing so much faster than I was prepared for - he's a teenager, you guys, and totally becoming his own person. Last time I visited, I got to catch a scrimmage game for his football team and it was so cool to see him in his uniform, just hanging with his teammates, looking totally legit. Chris facetimed me the other day, and it was such a treat to have Max join the call, I don't get to chat with him enough. I like when I can be knowledgeable about one of his interests because he's so fun to talk to about the things he likes - he just really knows his stuff, so you can have a great conversation with him and go more in depth with him than with a lot of other people. And I really love when he doesn't seem to be interested in doing something, but gets talked into it and then totally gets into it - like the Walworth County Fair this last August. You can say what you want, Max, but you enjoyed that caterpillar ride with me screaming in your ear right behind you!!


Max is such a goof, and he doesn't love posing for photos, so when he does take them, he makes the funniest faces! I think most of my photos of him are either candids or him totally mugging for the camera. 


But one of my favorite pictures is below. When I first moved to DC, I flew to Wisconsin and after loitering for a few days, Chris drove me and my belongings to DC, with Caleb and Max in tow. They were such great companions for this trip - they made the drive easy, and then they played tourist with me for a few days. DC is a big city that's meant to be walked, so we walked all over it, and one day we collapsed onto the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial and stared at the reflecting pond down the Mall. And I got this little shot, which I just love, because I love the bond of the WI Barlow boys - seeing Max stretched out, with that cute smile of his, while they cooled down for a minute. He just was fun to be with and I'm so glad he came with us on that trip. I see a lot of Chris in him, and I love his relationship with Caleb, but I'm really enjoying seeing those parts of his personality that are uniquely him.


xoxo!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Ah Max, our gentle giant. This guy is such a sweetheart! Kate, what a great description of him. Spot on 😊😘

Jodi said...

And I love these pics!

Laura B. said...

Oh I have always had a soft spot for Max! He is such a kind soul. I love his creativity for things...and he makes a mean smoothie! I love watching him and Emilie together. It makes me smile every time! Max is going to do great things in this world...and I can't wait to see where life takes him!!