Thursday, December 1, 2016

Day 1: LIBBY LOO


Let's start with this little cutie. Mainly because I came across this picture and remembered how much I love it. And how much I loved the moment. It was during my annual Walworth County Fair visit (the term annual is being used liberally here, so don't try to correct me); Chloe and Libby were the only ones brave enough to tackle the ferris wheel with me and Chris - and the views of Elkhorn from the top are breathtaking (the term breathtaking is also being used liberally here). Libby sat exactly right next to me. And we made it through the swaying ride together. And later that weekend, we had a bonfire in the backyard, and Libby fell asleep on my lap, and I wanted to die of sweetness, it was so precious.

This girl is just a bundle of contagious smiles, and I'm so into her. She's vivacious and she's the youngest and she plays the part so well. I feel a kindred spirit with her in that role, though she plays the starring role more than I think I did, and she's hilarious in that spotlight. I love that she gets along with all of her siblings and that she already knows what she likes and how she likes it. She's got such great one-liners and when I can spend a whole evening just making her laugh, I'll always take that opportunity.


I just wish she would stay little forever, but I wished that for all her older siblings, too, and they cruelly ignored my wishes, so I'm steeling myself for her following their example. But if she wouldn't mind putting it off just a bit longer, at least, that'd be okay with me.

xoxo, little girl.

6 comments:

Laura B. said...

Oh, sweet Libby! She is the best! My favorite thing about Libby is that she sings on demand. And it's always with such gusto! She is dreamy!!

*Abby* said...

That girl. As Chris put it just two days ago, "Libby is, well, Libby. Everything is unicorns and rainbows with her." I hope it always is.

Jodi said...

Kate-- 😢 I love this. I love your visits. I love you! I'm so excited to read your creations for the next month! Thank you for sharing this with us. I can't wait to let Libby see it! 💕

Unknown said...

What a fantastic holiday surprise! (and adorable photos!) My favorite thing about this post is the beautiful smiles on all of you ladies! Thanks Kate! I look forward to checking in tomorrow. It's fun to be a Barlow! :)

CB said...

I love this moment, too. I have a video of it with you and Libby dancing in the cart as it goes up. I'll send it to you. When Libby could barely talk, we nicknamed her "Cutie" and she has never failed to live up to her nickname.

blackandwhitewaldo said...

I often think of this little gem which seemed to originate deep within the Libby-soul:
“Papa Walt, The monster ate my mermaid,
And now the mermaid is in the monster’s tummy…
And my heart is broken.”