Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Good Day

Today was a good day. I went to church, enjoyed my meetings, talked with some people I don't get to talk to very often, as well as some people I should talk to more often, and of course people I talk to all the time. I had a few good laughs, deep conversations, and meaningful lessons. I find church meetings usually go well, and they tend to be the highlight of my Sunday.
I also got out of church somewhat early today, which never happens. My Relief Society Presidency meetings didn't last long at all, and I came home to an empty house - I still had an hour before my parents came home from their ward (different church times...). That never happens, so I had a pleasant lunch for one, and then I went to my room, where Cat greeted me from my bed. He jumped off to say hi, followed me around my room, and then jumped back on the bed, where I had planted myself for a quick nap.
4 hours later, Cat and I got up from our "quick nap" and decided it was time for some dinner. We had dinner, and then we planted ourselves back on my bed for a bit. I spent some time upstairs holding back tears during "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (I don't know why that show has such a hold on me! I'm a sucker for inspirational projects spurred on by touching violin music), while Cat took another nap - he gets cranky if all he gets is a 'quick' nap.
And now here I am again, sitting on my bed, Cat sleeping next to me (he's on his 7th 'quick nap' of the evening). It's beginning to become a trend, but I'm so comfortable that I'm in no rush to change it.
All in all, good day.

1 comment:

Berkley said...

Maybe I'll give Cat a chance. We do have some things in common, after all. For example, I also tend to get cranky if all I get is a 'quick' nap.
And don't feel bad--I always fight the tears everytime I watch 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"!